Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Material obsession - quilting inspiration

Material obsession by Sarah Fielke and Kathy Doughty was the first book I saw in borders many years ago. This book pushed me to want to learn to sew.

I then purchased my sewing machine a few months later.

It was my inspiration in wanting to learn the art of quilting.

I am finding I am becoming obsessed with fabric & moda charm packs!

A few of my close family friends (like sisters & aunts) and I have been having sewing days once a month. I am fortunate as they are experienced sewers & quilters.

I am still learning and currently onto my second baby quilt. I do hope to make myself a quilt from this book next, queen size!

See pic below of book:




Link to these authors websites:
http://www.materialobsession.typepad.com/
http://www.thelastpiece.net/

1 comment:

  1. I'll post some pics of my round robin quilt...the centre I made for it was inspired by an applique flower from this book. I love Sarah's work, particularly the hand quilting technique. x

    ReplyDelete